1. Which of the following is not listed as wetland in Ramsar Convention?
- Option : D
- Explanation : The Ramsar convention is an international treaty for the conservation and sustainable utilisation of wetlands, recognising the fundamental ecological functions of Wetlands and their economic, cultural, Scientific and recreational value. Total number of Ramsar Wetland sites in India is 26. Some important sites are-Wooler lake, Rudra Sagar lake, Keoladeo National Park, Ashtamudi, Chilka lake, Kolleru lake, Loktak lake, etc. Rajsamand lake is not listed as Wetland in Ramsar convention.
5. Which is not a characteristic of a family?
- Option : B
- Explanation : Characteristics of a Family
• A family is based on marriage, which results in a mating relationship between two adults of opposite sex.
• A family is generally limited in size, even large, joint and extended families.
• The family is a unit of emotional and economic cooperation.
• Each member of family shares duties and responsibilities.
• They use same house, food and perform common social activities.